Did you know….?
As a health plan member, nurses are available to you by phone to help you manage your chronic condition such as Diabetes or Heart Disease.
How can we help? The nurse can help you with:
- Diabetes. Nurses have the latest information to help you control your blood sugars. We can help with suggestions for meals, exercise, and taking medications. If you are having trouble obtaining diabetic supplies or a glucometer, we can help.
- Heart Disease. Nurses can help you with information on managing your cholesterol, including heart healthy eating. If you are trying to reduce your risk factors, we can help.
- Your Health. The nurse works with you and your primary care doctor to come up with the best plan to manage your health. Do you know when to report symptoms to your doctor or questions to ask at your next appointment? If not, we can help.
- Set Goals. Nurses work with you and your doctor to help you meet your health goals. This could be for weight or medication management. It can also help you improve your blood results for cholesterol and diabetes.
- Plan Website. Tools and resources regarding the program are available to you as well. Tips on weight management, nutrition, exercise, quitting smoking and even for depression are there. Sign up today.
This Disease Case Management support is a free service. Call us for assistance at 1-888-211-9913 during normal business hours, Monday – Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm. Please leave a current phone number, and tell us what you need help with. Our voicemail is completely confidential. If you leave a message, someone will get back to you as soon as possible.